If you’ve ever sat down to watch even one sports event on TV, I bet you’ve played the role of “couch coach.” It’s part of the fun, right? Critiquing what’s going on in competition and imagining what you would say to the athletes when the game is on the line. This week, we go inside a college basketball win streak to examine how the Kansas State Wildcats use the S.C.O.R.E.® System to achieve peak performance in a conversation with head coach Bruce Weber.
Coach Weber’s team has not trailed in a game in over a week, despite facing tough competition in rival Baylor on their home court. And this isn’t a flash-in-the-pan moment for Coach Weber, who has achieved a high level of performance for decades. Weber was named the Naismith Coach of the Year and AP Coach of the Year in 2005. He is one of the few NCAA men’s basketball coaches to surpass 400 wins, and is on his way to 500.
This episode of the Jim Fannin Show is all about getting to the top and what to do after you’ve reached the pinnacle of success.
In this candid conversation, Coach Weber breaks down how he continually engages in “S.C.O.R.E.® System Checks” to keep the team at peak performance in the latter part of the season, where games against ranked opponents can come just three days apart.
Oh, and winning games is only a part of an NCAA coaching job. Helping athletes achieve academically, and recruiting in a continually competitive collegiate atmosphere are day in, day out tasks. If you want to know how Coach Weber has stayed competitive for 20 years as an NCAA head coach, you simply can’t miss this interview!
In this episode, you’ll learn:
• Coach Weber’s advice for the business world on how he essentially builds a brand new business each year, as each season brings new players and different calibers of competition.
• Why it’s vital to break a series of challenges down and take each one at a time.
• The reason that relaxation and enjoyment in the S.C.O.R.E.® System are so essential for college teams heading towards March Madness, or any group or team facing tremendous pressure to perform.
Finally, I answer listener questions about why the “off week” between the final NFL playoff game and the Super Bowl can cause less experienced teams to have a performance drop when they get to the big game. I also break down a parenting question about the increasing trend for kids to play one sport year round.
And as always, we place our order at the Zone Café, as we send you out for an extremely positive Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to pre-order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
If you have any questions, comments, or requests for a topic you would like Jim to discuss, you can e-mail Jim directly!
Make sure to follow Jim Fannin on Twitter and Facebook as well!
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
Subscribe to the Jim Fannin Show on Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, Google Play, and TuneIn Radio and don’t forget rate and review the show!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download | Embed
Leave a Reply