We all encounter stress. Eustress helps you perform your best at challenging tasks, just as it helps Shaun White, Roger Federer, and LeBron James reach peak performance but what about the other kind of stress, distress? This type of stress will destroy your focus, produce negative physical reactions, and even cause illnesses to be prolonged.
This episode is all about concrete, simple tools to bust distress. In the middle of a jam packed schedule around a book release, media appearances and coaching clients, I recently took my annual, personal retreat in Sedona, AZ. It is in Sedona where I have therapeutic solitude and peace of mind. Here I find mental, physical and spiritual balance. I have made this trek over 100 times.
My grandmother introduced my mother to Sedona in the 1950’s. At that time, few tourists journeyed north from Phoenix to capture the beauty and the mystique. The splendor of the red rock formations and the strange sense that something magical is happening were the lures. Later, I would bring my wife and daughter.
Sedona was and still is a special place to me.
I could feel the psychic energy the moment I began my trek up Oak Creek Canyon. My soul danced. I was and still am very happy. For five decades, this small place on the Earth has been my personal, spiritual retreat. This is a place that I’ve escaped alone from the hustle and bustle of my business life but you don’t have to hop a plane and fly halfway around the country to get the “Sedona effect” of relaxation and rejuvenation. This “refresh” can be achieved anywhere, even in a special room in your house.
Creating a place of personal tranquility is just one of the tools we discuss this episode. Inoculating yourself from distress, chaos, anxiety and worry, while maintaining an unshakable “purposeful calm,” is this show’s quest.
In this episode of the Jim Fannin Show, you will learn:
• What to think and do to get a great night’s sleep.
• How to travel in a “travel coma” inoculated from negative stress.
• The muscle to press your thumb into in order to check your current stress level.
• Who’s in the Zone?
• How Ryan Coogler, director of the box office smash Black Panther learned to Be in the Zone™ as a college football athlete.
• The mindset of Olympic Gold medalist Mikaela Shiffrin, who missed the podium by just .23 seconds four years ago, but returned to victory in South Korea.
• The breathing technique that’s been physiologically proven to bust distress.
• How and why the “Re-Boot Tool™ is the peak performer’s best friend.
If you need to reduce your negative stress, this episode is definitely for you!
Finally, I answer a listener question from the Ask Jim mailbag about how athletes who risk painful injury (such as downhill skiers and skeleton, luge, and bobsled racers) get into the Zone.
As always, we wrap up by placing our order at the Zone Café as we send you out for an awesome Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to pre-order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.