Most Americans know Dan O’Brien as the decathlon gold medalist at the 1996 Olympic Games and the face of the America’s best hope in the international competition. The decathlon is famously one of the most grueling sporting events on the planet. With ten events spread over two days, it tests even the most mentally and physically fit athletes in the world. On top of that, Olympians often face obstacles like sudden time delays for TV broadcasts, changes in sleep patterns and diet, and the pressure that comes with the knowledge that they may only get one brief shot on the world stage.
What you may not remember about Dan O’Brien is that before he earned Olympic gold and before he won three world championships, Dan failed to qualify for the 1992 Olympic games. Rather than let the setback defeat him, Dan’s mindset was permanently altered for the better. With renewed conviction, he trained to attract the elusive Zone at the right time and place.
In this info-packed episode, you’ll learn:
• Who was “In the Zone” this past week.
• How Dan O’Brien trained for the Olympics.
• How success is getting up one more time from defeat.
• How champion’s win when they’re NOT at their best.
• What current Winter Olympians in South Korea need to think to perform in the Zone.
• Why the four stages of a performance determine your long-term success.
• The tools needed to perform under pressure.
• Why the quality of your experiences outweighs the quantity.
• How the Philadelphia Eagles defied the “underdog” moniker to take home the coveted Vince Lombardi trophy.
• How to forever eliminate the non-champion habit of worry.
Finally, I answer listener questions about “How long can you stay in the Zone?” and s always, we place our order at the Zone Café as we send you out for a Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to pre-order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.