During the NCAA Basketball Tournament, the difference between winning and losing can be a last second three pointer or who gets to a loose ball the fastest. To walk away with the prize, it’s absolutely essential that everyone is pulling in the same direction.
On this episode of the Jim Fannin Show, we deconstruct two teams from the NCAA Elite Eight. Our guests are Dr. John Planek of Lewis University (formerly of Loyola and 2017-2018 Under Armor Division II Athletic Director of the Year) and Bruce Weber, head coach of the Kansas State Men’s basketball team.
Remarkably, these two leaders follow very similar “character first” strategies to build championship programs. In this episode, you’ll find principles and tactics that can be applied to business, family and sports to help get your “team” (whether that team is you and a significant other, you and your coworkers or you and your family) to new levels of success.
In this episode of the Jim Fannin Show, you will learn:
· A powerful way of thinking about motivating a team through a difficult season or large obstacle.
· How Kansas State mounted a comeback this year after losing their star point guard to an injury, and how the students stepped into the leadership vacuum to turn the season around.
· The essence of a team performing in the Zone.
· The three things each team member needs to be on a championship team.
· The reason Iceland, a nation with the same population as Lexington, KY beat soccer powerhouse England to advance to the World Cup.
· How to prepare your best 2nd quarter ever in April, May and June.
· The reason that it’s absolutely essential to pre-plan moments of Relaxation and Enjoyment for yourself and your team when you’re facing arduous challenges, like the grinding MLB season (which kicks off this week).
Also, I answer a coaching question from the “Ask Jim” Mailbag about “How do I review the first quarter of my year?” I reveal how going to “Higher Ground” will give you clarity, balance and ultimately excellence.
Finally, we place our order at the Zone Café, as we send you out for an awesome Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.