There is one thing most Oscar Awards’ viewers weren’t thinking about as the iconic golden statues were handed out Sunday night. It is the massive task to take an idea to the big screen. From “The Shape of Water” to “Get Out,” every movie released to theaters is a report card on whether or not a very large team of actors, producers and crew were able to get into the Zone to create something unforgettable.
This episode is all about “How to eat an elephant,” and as the old saying goes, it’s “one bite at a time.” To break that maxim down further, you eat an elephant with its incredible size by saying NO to negativity, anxiety, and worry and YES to visualization, optimism, and executing well-defined goals.
John Buck has eaten several elephants in his life. As a promising baseball draft choice, he devoured the competition and was finally selected as an MLB All-Star catcher with millions of dollars in earnings. The first time I met John, I told him he was “much more than a baseball player.” He embraced this realization with total understanding, commitment and passion. His quest was to be his genuine, authentic best self in all aspects of his life.
After a successful baseball career, John decided to retire early to spend more time with his wife and three young children. When his playing days had come to a close, John reached a level of fitness he was never able to achieve as an MLB player, gained new skills in skiing and other outdoor sports, and focused on being a world class parent and spouse. He did all of this all while venturing into business and giving back to his community.
No, John isn’t “lucky.” He has segregated his life into multiple, stand alone arenas with laser focus on each section. He is a true champion by being his best in every facet of his life. You’ll love listening to his story, as he showcases how to eat an elephant of living a life of simplicity, balance and abundance.
In this episode of the Jim Fannin Show, you will learn:
• The mental strategy the late Roger Bannister used to break the four-minute mile record in 1954, despite the naysayers who thought running that fast would end in death.
• The story of a prospective NFL draftee with a blazing fast 40-yard time, who has overcome the amputation of one hand to excel on the gridiron.
• How to let go of that “one thing” that’s hobbled your peak performance, like a pebble in your shoe that throws off your running gait.
• How you can book Jim for a one-hour coaching session.
Also, I answer a coaching question from the “Ask Jim” Mailbag about how to structure a corporate retreat around the S.C.O.R.E.™ Success System.
Finally, we place our order at the Zone Café, as we send you out for an awesome Zone week!
Be in the Zone™!
If you have questions, comments, or something you want us to cover during our “Ask Jim” segment, you can email Jim directly and we’ll cover it on next week’s show!
Don’t forget to order Jim’s new book, “The Blueprint: A Proven Plan For Successful Living” now at Amazon.com!
Ready to see results in every major area of your life in just 7-10 days? Get Jim’s 90-Second Rule™ program, consisting of 6-hours of audio, write-able workbook and video. Click here: 90-second-rule
Check out more episodes of The Jim Fannin Show on Radio Influence!
If you’re seeking to be entertained and educated while you become your genuine, authentic best self, The Jim Fannin Show is your weekly, go-to place to be.
Jim Fannin is America’s ZoneCoach®, coaching more champions in sports, business and life than anyone on earth for over 40 years. As one of the world’s foremost thought leaders, he is more than a life, business or sports coach. He is a “change your life” coach. With the ONLY proven blueprint for attracting the Zone mindset, Jim has helped transform millions of people’s lives by providing proven tools and techniques to create simplicity, balance and abundance.
Mr. Fannin has 40+ years of professional coaching, consulting and public speaking experience. He has coached 1000+ professional athletes from 10 sports and tens of thousands of individuals and hundreds of companies from 50 industries in peak performance. All have set personal records. Many have set team, industry or world records.
Each week Jim will focus the show on the peak performance mindset called the Zone. With his vast experience working with the best of the best, Jim will deliver the goods on who’s currently IN the Zone, who’s NOT and how you can find your own Zone pathway to success.
Jim’s client list reads as a “who’s who” list and his in-depth experience with their accomplishments are what set The Jim Fannin Show apart.
Jim Fannin has personally coached (to name a few):
- Chairmen, CEOs, and Senior Executives from 350 of the Fortune 500 from 50 different industries
- World’s #1 pro golfer; 10 different pro golfers to their first victory; LPGA major Champion; 3 NCAA champions; 8 time Big Ten golf champions; World’s #1 golf instructor
- Olympic gold medalists
- 2 MLB Hall Of Famers; 5 MLB MVPs; 26 MLB All Stars; 4 Cy Young Award winners; NBA All Stars; NFL All Pros; World Cup players; MLS Cup champions; MLS MVPs
- 7 World’s Top 10 pro tennis players; #1 pro from 16 different countries; 4x Wimbledon Doubles champion; World Davis Cup finalist;
French Open champion; 7 National Amateur champions; 12 State Amateur champions
- NCAA All Americans from six different sports
- NCAA Coaches Of The Year; MLB Manager Of The Year; NBA Coach Of The Year
- World Champion Poker players
- New York Times Best Selling Authors
- Academy Award winning director
- Actors, authors, screenwriters, musicians, opera singers, country singers, artists, scientists, politicians, and two entire American cities (for real)
Want to know how to attract the Zone? Download weekly to discover the pathway to your untapped potential as Jim guides you through the intricate process of peak performance. Listen, learn and be entertained as America’s ZoneCoach, Jim Fannin reveals his 40-year secrets of success.